With 1.49 billion monthly active users, Facebook remains a vital social media channel and advertising platform for businesses of all sizes. Facebook Business Manager is a free tool that allows companies to securely share accesses and management of Facebook pages and ad accounts with multiple employees and marketing agencies. Through the platform anyone in a business can see all of the pages and ad accounts they work on in one place without sharing login information or being connected to their coworkers on Facebook; ideal for keeping your work separate from your personal social media.
Following our handy how-to guide you will be able to set up Facebook Business Manager in a few simple steps…
facebook business manager:
before you get started…
- To set up Facebook Business Manager for your company you must be an admin on your current page and/or ad account (admin status can be changed at a later date if needed). If you don’t have a primary page for your business, you can create one during the setup process.
- Make a list of the pages, advert accounts and apps you’ll want to work on from Facebook Business Manager.
- Have the email addresses of the people you’ll want to add.
set up business manager in three easy steps:
- Ensuring you are logged into your personal Facebook account, navigate to business.facebook.com and click Create Account.
- Create Your New Business Account: In the popup box enter your Business Name and click continue.
- Create Your Profile: Enter your name and business email address and click finish.
You will now see the Facebook Business Manager dashboard, from here you can create or claim pages, ad accounts and apps and manage all settings. You can now also add your colleagues to Business Manager and control their roles and access.
link your existing business page
Claiming a Page moves it into Business Manager. To claim a Page, you must already be an admin of that Page.
- In the Facebook Business Manager dashboard navigate to Claim Assets and choose Page.
- Paste the URL of the page you’re claiming into the box or type in your page name until the correct page appears.
- Choose your page from the list and click Claim Page. The page will now appear in your dashboard.
Similarly, you can simply add any existing ad accounts or apps via the corresponding option under Claim Assets using the ID reference for the asset you wish to claim. Be aware that once you’ve claimed an ad account in Business Manager, you can’t remove it.
assign page roles
Add colleagues and employees to your business using their email addresses.
- Choose Add New from the left-hand menu bar and click People.
- Enter the email address of the person to add.
- Choos either give them admin or employee status according to the access they need and click next.
- Follow the instructions on the following screens if you wish to assign the person to an ad account,
assign a partner or agency
For this you will need your partner or agency to give you their business ID. The partner can find their business ID in the info tab of their Business Manager settings.
- Navigate to Business Settings from the left-hand menu bar, then click Pages.
- A new dashboard will open. To the right of the screen click Assign Partner.
- In the popup window enter your partners business ID and click next.
- On the next screen, you can choose what level of access to assign your partner depending on their role. For full management choose Page Admin.
Facebook is prone to changing how the process works regularly and we’ll aim to ensure this blog is up-to-date but for more details on the process please also see Facebook’s comprehensive set up guide.